Quick Start Guide
Basics for setting up your website
- Domain Name: If you need a domain name GoDaddy or HostGator are good places to buy one. If you want to have your own hosting account this is where you can buy a hosting package as well. Otherwise, we can provide hosting and all the “back-end” server configurations and updates.
- The ‘.com’s’ are by far the most valuable so shop wisely when thinking about .net, .us, etc. A .com registration is more valuable, in my informed opinion, than a US Trademark. If something is Trademarked you can bet the .com is taken.
- Godaddy will try to sell you all sorts of things that you don’t need so be prepared to wade through a bunch of adverts.
- Color Palette: Your choices of colors is unlimited. We can suggest a palette, or you can send us some web images and we can match the colors precisely. Same is true with background images or textures.
- Images: Quality images are vital. We can scour the web for you to find free and paid images. Pixaybay is a good place to start your search. If you search on Google Images be sure to go to Tools >Usage Rights >Labeled for Reuse.
- Text: Realize that many readers scan a page, they don’t read it so less is more. The search engines are favorable for articles that are 300 words or better. We have an excellent copywriter on staff.
- Google Maps: If you have a location address you can use, getting listed on Google Maps is a simple matter. This part is included in all our web packages.
- ECommerce: You’ll need product images all of the same pixel dimensions. We do that part. Each product then has a price and the shipping, taxes, and merchant accounts have to be set up. Also, we need to install and SSL Certificate on your site so that it’s encrypted and shows up HTTS://www.MyWebsite.com instead of just HTTP. If you’d like to learn more about how we develop shopping carts, take a look at WooCommerce.
That’s all !